- The Snow College Badgers will head to Las Vegas this weekend to participate in the CSN Kickoff Classic. Over the weekend they’ll be playing five games.
- Friday, Jan. 27, the Badgers are set to take on Pima Community College at 10:30 a.m., Glendale Community College at 1:00 p.m., and No. 9 Central Arizona College at 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 28, they will face Arizona Western College at 10:30 a.m., and will finish the weekend by playing No. 19 Eastern Arizona College at 1:00 p.m.
- Last season the Badgers had an overall record of 20-34 and a record of 16-24 within the Scenic West Athletic Conference. They finished the season with a home record of 12-12 and an away record of 6-20.
- The Badgers will kick off their season by facing the PCC Aztecs. These two teams have met a total of five times with the Aztecs having the winning record of four games to one against Snow College.
- The last matchup between Snow College and PCC was Jan. 26, 2019, where the Aztecs earned a 12-5 victory against the Badgers.
- The Badgers will then face the GCC Gauchos. These two teams have only met once, with their last meeting being Jan. 25, 2013. In that game the Badgers defeated the Gauchos outscoring them 16-4.
- The last game for Snow College on Friday will be against the CAC Vaqueras. These teams have faced each other a total of eight times in the last seven years. The Vaqueras have the winning record with five games to three.
- Their last matchup was Feb. 5, 2022. Snow College was defeated 12-3.
- To begin the second day of play for the Badgers, they will be taking on the Matadors of AWC. Between the two teams’ history, Snow College has a losing record of 3-6.
- Their last matchup was Feb. 5, 2022, where the Matadors outscored the Badgers 10-8.
- For the final game of the weekend, the Badgers will contend against the EAC Monsters. These two teams have faced off a total of 12 times, with the Badgers having the winning record of 7-5.
- Their last meeting was Feb. 4, 2022. In that game the Monsters came out on top to win 6-3.
The Snow College Badgers will be led this season by first-time head coach Mikelle Magalogo. Magalogo will be joined in the dugout with assistant coaches Brooke Brown and Savannah Lindsay, who served as the Badger’s interim coach in 2022. They will also be joined by team manager Allie Branch, who is a current Snow College student.
Magalogo comes to Snow College after a distinguished playing career at Copper Hills High School where she was named to the 5A all-region & all-state teams. She then went on to play at the College of Southern Idaho where she earned first team all-conference honors. From there she attended Southern Utah University, and was named to the Big Sky All-Conference Team, and earned her Bachelor’s degree in Business Management and a Master’s Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies.
Magalogo comes to Snow after spending this past year as an assistant coach at CSI and helped lead them to an appearance at the NJCAA National Tournament in Yuma, Az.
- The Badgers will travel to Yuma, Arizona to participate in the Western Shootout beginning Feb. 2.
- Snow College will play a total of six games over a three-day span. The Badgers will face off against AWC twice, CAC twice, in addition to games against PCC and No. 19 EAC.
- The Badgers will face AWC Feb. 2 at 3:00 p.m. and Feb. 3 also at 3:00 p.m. They will take on PCC Feb. 2 at 5:00 p.m. Snow College will then play CAC Feb. 3 at 5:00 p.m. and Feb. 4 at 9:00 a.m. The Badgers will wrap up the weekend against EAC Feb. 4 at 1:00 p.m.
- Their conference schedule will commence Friday, March 3 as they will take on the No. 10 College of Southern Idaho in Twin Falls.